Friday, April 16, 2010

To write or not to write? An internet dating quandry?

About a month ago I joined an internet dating site and was psyched when a guy I had my eye on initiated contact with me. We swapped messages on the site, and then he gave me his regular email address. We had been writing that way, though I've been writing other guys (with far less interest) on the site (which he can see on my profile) I'm a chatty type, but I know the drill about internet contact: don't share too much over the wires, keep the good stuff for one-on-one contact, don't appear too eager. I dropped a couple of hints, telling him that I was enjoying getting to know him, but he never reciprocated. He continued to send polite, attentive, encouraging messages, utterly void of romantic element. Rats. His last message was the breezy, "gotta run, Christmas is coming" sort; so I returned an equally breezy "great, have a good time with your family." Since then I haven't heard from him. Should I send another note--or just stay mum and move on?

To write or not to write? An internet dating quandry?
Send him another note if you're interested. You're out LESS than the price of a postage stamp. Ask to meet him for coffee somewhere. Internet dating should lead to real dates. If it doesn't you'll end up making love to your keyboard.


No comments:

Post a Comment