Friday, April 16, 2010

What's the trick to internet dating sites?

I always hear about people meeting their mate on an internet dating site. Am I missing something? It must be hard to get a feel for someone on a computer screen. What's the trick?

What's the trick to internet dating sites?
First off, the freebie ones don't generally work. To get a real benefit out of it, you must actually pay and join one. I met my gf through an internet dating site and have had countless of dates that way as well. It really boils down to how comfortable you are with meeting people online. I pretty much grew up with computers in my life, so meeting people online is second nature to me. My advice would be to buy a subscription to a site (I have found Eharmony and Match to the be the best ones and American Singles and Yahoo Personals to be the worst) and start from there. When you get some contact with others, email back and forth for a while, asking each other questions about what they do for fun, if they have any siblings, etc. to get to know them some. After a few emails, you should ask to meet up, if you haven't been asked already and take it from there. The best places to meet up I have found are casual ones, such as Starbucks or another coffee shop.


Good Luck :).


No comments:

Post a Comment